232/99 John D. Ouko / Kenya
|date||06 November 2000|
|Activity Report||14th Activity Report : 2000 – 2001|
|Outcome||Decided on merits|
African Charter on Human and People’s Rights (ACHPR) – Student’s Union leader at the University of Nairobi, Kenya illegally arrested, illegally detained and forced to flee the country due to his political opinions.
Whether exemption from exhaustion of local remedies rule applies to refugees en masse or individuals.
Whether the respondent is in violation of the following guaranteed rights under ACHPR: Prohibition of Torture and Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment; Right to Personal Liberty and Protection from Arbitrary Arrest; Right to Receive Information and Free Expression; Right to Freedom of Association; Right to Freedom of Movement.
|Alleged Violations||Violated Articles||Non-violated Articles|
- 250/02 Liesbeth Zegveld and Mussie Ephrem / Eritrea
- 292/04 Institute for Human Rights and Development in Africa (on behalf of Esmaila Connateh & 13 others) / Angola
- 294/04 Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights and Institute for Human Rights and Development in Africa (on behalf of Andrew Barclay Meldrum) / Zimbabwe
- 297/05 Scanlen & Holderness / Zimbabwe
- 328/06 Front for the Liberation of the State of Cabinda v Republic of Angola
- 340/07 Nixon Nyikadzino (represented by Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum) v. Zimbabwe
- 351/07 Givemore Chari (represented by Gabriel Shumba) v Republic of Zimbabwe